Today on the blog Sylvia shows how to do a Marble Manicure!
1. Get all your material ready and accessible. This is necessary as nail polish can dry pretty quickly, so we want everything to be easy to reach. You need: nail polish remover, two or more colours you want in the design, Q-tips, toothpicks, scotch tape, and a bowl of water.
2. Make sure all your nail polish are ready to use. Take your first polish and let the polish from the brush drop into the water. The polish will spread out in the water.
3.Take your second colour and repeat the same step.
4.Alternate the colours until you have as many levels as you want.
5.Take a toothpick and cut the design into parts in order to create a marbling effect.
6. Once the design pleases you, make sure you have scotch-taped your finger in order to minimize the amount of nail polish that will end up on your finger.
7. Dip your finger in the design.
8. While your finger is still submerged in the water, remove the excess nail polish with the toothpick.
9. Remove your finger from the water, and the design will remain on your nail. 10. Remove the scotch tape and with a Q-tip and nail polish remover, clean up your finger and your cuticle.
11. Apply a top coat, and voila!
Tips: Putting on a base coat really helps the design stay on. Make sure the covers of your nail polish are off such that it will be easy for you to alternate the colours quickly. Nail polish hardens in the water if you wait too long in between the intervals. It will also be easier if the water is room temperature.